Thursday, August 4, 2011

Hellman’s Potato Salad

My ward is putting together a cookbook so I have been typing up some favorite recipes. I will post one daily or so until I run out!

***This is the only potato salad I eat!

Hellman’s Potato Salad

2lbs. potatoes (5 to 6 medium), peeled (I don’t because I hate peeling potatoes and by leaving the skins on you get more nutrients) and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
1 cup Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. vinegar
1-1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1 cup thinly sliced celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped

1. Cover potatoes with water in 4-quart saucepot; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and cool slightly.
2. Combine Mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, sugar and pepper in large bowl. Add potatoes, celery, onion and eggs and toss gently. Serve chilled or at room temperature.


*I always eat a few bites when I am done and it is still warm…so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment