Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Recipes!

My ward is putting together a cookbook so I have been typing up some favorite recipes. I will post one daily or so until I run out!


Cornmeal Pancakes

½ cup yellow cornmeal
½ cup boiling water
½ cup flour (I prefer whole wheat flour)
½ tsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp baking power
1 egg, well beaten
¼ cup butter, melted
½ cup milk

Put cornmeal in mixing bowl and pour boiling water in, stirring briskly until well blended. Add remaining ingredients. Beat batter until thoroughly mixed. Heat pan over medium-high heat. Lightly grease when hot. Use 2 Tbsp of batter for each pancake. Makes 2 dozen 3-inch pancakes, I usually double it so we have leftovers. My son even loves these cold from the fridge as an on the go snack!

1 comment:

  1. those sound really yummy! I'm going to try that one!

    ReplyDelete